Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Hill work

With two runs in since vacation I am feeling okay, not happy with my mile times but that will come back as I get all those running muscles back to work.

I have noticed the difference in my cardio stamina from all the swimming, it doesn't take nearly as much time to recover when I hit the higher zones and come back down.

Due to the way the Women's Half is laid out with the first part from The Country Music Hall of Fame to Centennial park being mostly up hill, I have changed my last 25 days of training to mostly hills.

I am fortunate that I do not have to go searching for hills to run I have a GREAT training hill just out side my door and actually the property that we live on has some nice elevation for my back off days. It's nice because a loop around the property is exactly 1/2 a mile.

I am grateful that I still have the desire to do better, be better and achieve more with my life and running career. I can feel the changes in my body and the building of muscle.

I am also grateful for a husband that not only has been there for every race but has found his own desire to run and train and be healthy.

Till the next time
FCR & Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment