Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Life, and three months of non running......

It's been a really weird year. I haven't really felt my self. Well it has finally come full circle. Seems like I've been out of step all year. Just not quite my self.

I just couldn't quite figure it out. For many years I have tried to not take any non essential medications. Treating things naturally if possible. If your body it sick it's built to fight off some illnesses. If you have a stomach bug let your body get rid of it. If you have a cold, rest and vitamin C and mom's chicken noodle soup.

There are things that you need to get medications for but our bodies are amazing machines. When fed well and tuned up it will tell you what it needs.

A couple of weeks ago I started having lower back pain that could not be relieved via chiropractic care, so I went to the doctor. I ended up having an upper UTI still up in the kidneys, more liking just festering there and not getting better. It has probably been a systemic problem for most of this year, causing me to feel off.

The doctor put me on a really strong antibiotic to get rid of the infection. Unfortunately I had a sever life threatening allergic reaction to the antibiotic. My face and lips swelled up and had trouble swallowing. It was terrifying. We got to the ER and they gave me an epinephrin shot, a quick acting steroid shot, and another antihistamine.

Let me tell you the epi shot was NO joke. It seemed to fire up every muscle in my entire body at the same time. The purpose is to move what ever it is causing the reaction out of your body as quickly as possible. It speeds up your heart and makes your system work hard. For the next three days I felt like I had run a full marathon TWICE! I slept and and slept and rested.

Monday I went in for a follow up and also found out that I am B12 deficient. This from lack of feeding the body correctly. So today is Wednesday and I am finally feeling amazing.

The kidney infection and other problems lingering in my system from the infection cause a significant weight gain of almost 15 pounds in just a few days of water weight. I have now lost all the sick weight and feel so much better.

I am not released yet to return to Art of Strength  or running. I am feeling, and looking so much better.

1 comment: