Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I guess CMM wasn't about running for me after all.

As upset as I was over the race being called due to weather I have realized that this race for me was not so much about a new personal record, or crossing the finish line.

I did not realize until this week just how much my story has affected others around me.

Just to catch you all up to speed this started with me, then I conned (read as begged) Hubby to run with me, then my oldest friend Cari signed up just to support me. Then I get chosen to be featured in the Country Music Marathon and 1/2 Marathon race book, next I find out that two of my sister in laws have started walking/running, next Hubby's mom tells us that she and her hubby have been getting up early to go walking everyday before work (his idea).

After last Saturday MIL says that she and oldest sis in law want information for the 1/2 Marathon in September. We are so happy that we have influenced our family to get motivated. That made us feel really good.

Then as this blog's community gets older and more of you decided to follow us here, your encouragement has been wonderful and keeps us so motivated.

I did not realize the depth of the people that have been influenced or inspired by my story. I still get embarrassed when someone that is faster and stronger than I am tells me that I have inspired them.

I am getting use to people telling me that they like my story and asking how I did it. Sometimes it strikes up great conversations with new people and one can never have too many friends.

This leads me to the reason for this post. I got a letter in the mail from the Secretary of the State of Tennessee. Now usually one is not excited about something like that. I opened it and inside was a copy of the race program and a hand written note from Tre Hargett. I will get pictures posted in the morning. The note was just two sentences but it made my day. All he said was that he thought I might want an extra copy of the program and he congratulated me on my commitment and dedication.

Now I'm sure he probably sent one to each resident of the state in the program but that one simple note made me realize that this change, this journey is much bigger than just lil ol' me.

So to all of you that have been such a support and encouragement at the beginning of this journey you all hold such a special place in my heart.

FCR

No comments:

Post a Comment