Monday, May 24, 2010

Goals, Dreams and Summer Racing.

Okay first of all Middle Tennessee is beautiful right now all this rain has made everything so green, but I could do with out the humidity.

I know I've been off radar for a few weeks since the flood. As I've said before life in the FCR household moves fast.

I'll be updating the 2010 race schedule soon, just trying to find that fine line between what we want to do and what we can do. It always seems to be a tricky balancing act.

On the immediate schedule is a race on Memorial day called the Hendersonville Classic. This is going to be a really fun race for several reasons. Mom B, Hubby's mom is going to be running with us. We are doing the 5k portion.

We are still talking about the RC Cola Moon Pie fest. It's one of those really fun races, but not sure if we can handle the hill, but if we don't race we will be going to cheer on our fellow HRCer's

The influence of one person is amazing. Hubby and I started running now Mom and Dad B are walking every morning. Hubs sisters have also started walking downtown on their lunch break. Not sure if this is related or not but his brother is running and has lost 40lbs and is planning on running the Seattle Marathon. We are so stoked that this is something we can share with our family and friends.

This journey is really amazing. Especially since I stepped on the scale today and I'm down to 255.8 I finally broke the 260 mark that has been plaguing me for months. Just 6.8 pounds to the first 50lbs lost. I'm so excited.

Now that the American Cancer Society Relay for Life in Hermitage is done for the year. I can get back to running and training and preparing for next year's Relay.

It was a really neat experience, and I'm really looking forward to being the logistics chair next year since I will have time to prepare all year long and not just two weeks.

Till Next Time
FCR

No comments:

Post a Comment