Thursday, September 30, 2010

nuu muu product review!

Ladies have I got a GREAT new piece of gear you need to add to your collection!


When I first starting running I was all about covering up, as most big girls are. You soon learn in distance running there is no dignity after mile 5. You just want to be comfortable and not have to worry about your gear rubbing you the wrong way.

I don't know about you but I find that just my running tights or shorts doesn't give me enough coverage. I have a running skirt to go over them to minimize the trauma to those watching me run. So my outfit usually consists of, unders, shorts or tights my running skirt, with it's own shorts attached and a shirt. In hot weather have 3 bottom layers is way too much.

At the Expo for the WHM I found the solution. What is it you ask? It is a running dress by nuu muu now don't get me wrong I passed the booth a couple of times before my mother in law joined me at the expo. I actually took the time to look at the product. See at most marathon expo's the clothes are for girls that don't have hips and curves.





These dresses are different. I ended up going back and purchasing one and wore it for my recovery run. Still chaffed and sore from the marathon I just wanted something comfortable. Ladies this dress was GREAT, no rubbing, no irritation, it stayed where it was supposed to for the most part I did have a little ride up in the front but I will chalk that up to wearing my hydration belt.

The material is snug, but not tight, supportive but it breaths. Most important, it fits us big girls and is modest you don't feel like your showing off to the world what your mama told you to keep to yourself.


I like the fact that this product is also made in the USA right in Boise, Idaho. The women I met from nuu muu were GREAT. They took time to answer my questions and inform me about the product and even encouraged me to try it on when I had doubts it would fit. Cathy Coulter and Enid Wilson and Lori Fuller were nice as could be.


Cathy Coulter, Me, Lori Fuller, and Enid Wilson of Nuu Muu

The company is owned by Ashley Fullenwider and Christina Nienstedt you can read their stories here.

The other best thing about these excersize dresses? They have girls sizes as well. What better way to encourage the girls in your life to get active? We all want to be girly even when we run 13.1 miles.

I think their philosophy says it all.

I give nuu muu:

3 comments:

  1. I discovered this product at the expo as well. You're right. It's great and makes me feel like I'm just as "together" as the rest of the folks. Just have to buy some nice tights for underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size is the dress you are wearing? I weigh 200lbs (size 18w) and dismissed NuuMuu because it seemed like they didn't come in my size. I am obsessed with finding a running dress, basically because they are much cooler than a running skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weigh 260 something it goes up and down as I lose fat and gain muscle and I was wearing the 2x in the above picture. I have learned that comfort is more important than style. I proudly wear my running tights and form fitting shirts. I have come to put out of my mind why other's may think of how I look because until they join me in a half marathon and complete it they don't have room to talk! LOL

    FCR

    ReplyDelete