Friday, February 12, 2010

I really must be nuts!

Okay I thought two 5k races before the Country Music 1/2 Marathon was good race training. Some how some way I got addicted to that finish. Not that I broke any big records or finished with the "Big Dogs". I finished, I met my goals, I wasn't the last one across the line, I didn't quit and I finished under one hour.

My goal for the GoodNaz 5k is to drop my time and not be last again. Someone in the running club not to mention any name Charlene and Leslie thought it would be fun and a good race to try before the CMM 1/2.

I made a deal with my HALH if I could show $50.00 in savings on my grocery receipt I could register for the race. I went shopping yesterday and saved enough with coupons and bogo items to register for the race.

This is where I realize that I am defiantly NUTS.

1 race in February, 2 races in March and 1 in April and who knows after that.

I love the fact that I have found something that I love. It has become a part of my life. It is no longer a hassle, I look forward to getting up and getting out. I still dread the long runs on Saturdays but I see definite improvement in my mid week runs. Wednesday I did 3.08 miles and didn't feel like I had finished more than a mile. I guess it's time to push the pace and or the distance.

I'm looking forward to the 8 miles on Saturday, it is going to kick my tush but I know it's going to feel GREAT.

HALH Update: He is doing well overall. We had some worries about the surgery site was looking red and angry and possibly infected so we started twice a day antibacterial soap washes and within a day it was MUCH better. He got up and out and was there with me at the Fangtastic 5k in his wheel chair all bundled up and having fun watching the racers cross the line. So much so he didn't even get his book out to read.

FCR

No comments:

Post a Comment