Wednesday, March 10, 2010

GoodNaz 5k

It was a great day. Started out a bit chilly but by the end of the race I had removed my coat and my short sleeved tech shirt. Joana and Heidi came back and help me run in the last half mile or so. This race felt much better. Except for the 2 miles uphill at the beginning of the race. That is okay I've been told that hills build character. At this point I'm not sure for who. Even with all the hills I still came in faster than the Fangtastic 5k. Unofficially it was 1:51 faster. Officially it was only .27 seconds. Either way it was still faster than my first race.


With all that has been going on this week I have had a hard time focusing on the Tom King Classic Half Marathon this coming Saturday.

Due to some problems I've been having I had to have my first mammogram on Tuesday after a doctors appointment and a slide sent to cytology. Needless to say my brain is stuck on those issues. The only mental image I can conjure up for the race is them tearing down the course before I even get half way done.

To try and combat that today I did 1 mile of intervals on the treadmill, 5 miles on the stationary bike and some weight training. I felt really good afterwards. I also plan on doing 6 miles of road work tomorrow.

If anyone has any ideas on how I get over this please let me know.

Leon did well at the gym today. He did another 30 minutes on the stationary bike, 5 minutes on the elliptical as well as some light weights. His leg seems to be holding up well to all of this.

Till next time,
FCR and HALH

No comments:

Post a Comment