Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fangtastic 5k Re-cap

I've been having some mental road blocks. I ran the Frostbite but it wasn't anything to write home to HRC about.

Today I got up felt good. Headed out the door and it was nice and warm. I was so glad I changed clothes right before I left. I dropped a layer and was so glad that I did around mile 1.5.

Leon was supposed to run but he had a church leadership meeting and couldn't make it again this year.

So Dominic ran as Hub, he says thanks for the time btw.

I felt really good. I wasn't trying for a PR I was going about it as a training run.

Due to the really cold weather it's been so hard for me to even breath when I go outside for work or errands, running has been a no go.

Mile one was nice and easy, mile two with the hill was pretty fast I felt really good. The route was different this year. We went down hill where we trudged up hill last year. There was only one real tough hill and that was coming up to Charlotte Ave.

I met a woman that was doing her first race and training for Country Music Half, sounded awful familiar. She's been training mostly alone. I channeled my best Charlene and Leslie and we started challenging each other to go faster with shorter walk breaks.

Mile three was so fast, I think I had a 15 or 16 min mile. Then we came up to Demonbreun, I felt so good. We hit the exact spot where Leslie and Charlene found me last year and my new friend and I kicked it in gear, I kept snarling and growling and yes we did pass not one, not two but five people as we came to the mats.

It was such a different experience this time around. Last year I never thought I would get across the mats, this year I was running hand in hand arms raised crossing the finish line.

I felt really good and it was a really good kick in the tush to get working again.

Hubs and I have planned on doing a 5k race every month. So next month we are doing the Springer Mountain Farms Chicken Healthy 5K Run & Walk
at the Gaylord Opryland Resort, it starts at the Grand Ole Opry house and was only $6.50 to register.

Our next one for April is going to be the Purity Dairy Dash and I'm pretty sure Moon Pie is on the list this year.

I'm so thankful for HRC and all the inspiration that Hubs and I get from the club.

Here's to a great 2011!

FCR
One More Step, One More Mile, One More Finish. ©

1 comment:

  1. I am excited about spring weather. I am looking for a March race and if I can talk the hubby into an overnight trip to Nashville, I may try to do the Springer Mountain. :)

    ReplyDelete