Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hubs: My Country Music 1/2 Marathon

I asked hubs a few weeks ago to do a post. Due to how busy we have been I am just now able to get that wonderful post to you.


Ladies and Gentleman, friends and runners may I present Hubs. 


 FCR asked me to write an entry for the blog. I'm still not entirely sure what she wants for this entry but here goes anyway. I guess I'll tell you about Country Music 2010. I starting running about the same time my wife did. For me, the enjoyment comes from the challenge, finding out what I can do. I found out early on that breaking my leg is one thing that I could do.

FCR and I had made a goal to run the Country Music 1/2 Marathon 2010. In January I break my leg. So much for that goal.

Or so I thought. Despite having surgery to repair my bone, my leg healed very quickly. I was up and about by mid-March, and walking without any brace or anything by early April. Surprisingly the metal plate and five screws did not even cause any discomfort. Maybe I could attempt this race after all.

We had already paid the registration way back in December (no refunds), so when race day came along, I decided to give it a go. I can always drop out if I need do. So with my new bionic ankle, I take off. It was a struggle but I managed to do it! To this day I'm not sure how. It took pretty much every ounce of strength I had.

But the point is, I made it. I finished in less than four hours, which still vexes my wife to no end. In the end I found out what I could do and if I do say so myself I didn't do too bad at all.

Hubs

One More Step, One More Mile, One More Finish. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment