Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I am back and I'm kicking tushie!

Or maybe it's the other way around, I'm back but I'm getting my tushie kicked? hrmm. Let me do some 'splaning.

I have either been injured, or sick for the last month or so. First there was the Christmas ankle roll off the stair I was innocently standing on, one week before a race. Then there was the I slid in the mud and fell on my right knee 4 days before a race. Then there is the fact that I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving and Christmas I snarfed my way through the New Year and Valentines day. Yup it finally hit I gained some weight back. Insert dramatic foreboding music here.

Last year I put two pieces of the puzzle together movement and good food. Well then a hard cold winter set into Middle Tennessee and I lost one of the pieces the movement. I'm not fond of snow and ice and running.  I on the other had became fond of comfort food and mindless TV.

After running the Predators 5k I remembered what it was I loved about running and realized that if I want to keep doing it I need to work on some core things.

1. Food garbage in garbage attacks hips
2. Movement is necessary. Going up and down the three flights of stairs at a rapid cardio pace once a day does nothing.
3. With out a strong core you go nowhere.
4. The more you train the fast you are.

So how am I to combat these 4 things. First of all back to good foods. I've added some Art of Strength  cross training 3 days a week. It's 30 minutes of intense strength and cardio work out. Then I do ten minutes on the stationary bike and ten minutes on this thing called the woodway. It's awesome. It's helping me work on making my stride longer and more efficient.

I've also had quite a few friends and locals people I've met at businesses want to know how I got stated. I need more motivation to get back out on the road so I've add a group run to my routine. On Wednesdays I'm doing what I call a low and slow group. Low miles and slow speed. That way I can reach out in the community and instead of telling people how I do it I'm actually showing them how to do it.

I would like my goal for this group to be 10 people run/walking consistently all year long. Yup HRC that means I'm trying to find more yahoo's to join our group.

OH yeah and there is going to be a give away in March.... Can't tell you what it is yet but it's going to be pretty awesome if I do say so myself.


FCR
One More Step, One More Mile, One More Finish. ©

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!!!

    And very mysterious about the giveaway. Can't wait to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete