Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Gear Review

My find friends at Swiftwick socks called me up a few months ago and asked me to test out a new line of sock. The new line is called Aspire.

I love this sock. It is really hard to improve on Swiftwick but they have done it. The linked toe is so wonderful, no toe seam to rub or irritate my big and little toes. These socks are woven just a bit differently. 

From toe to arch is one weave then at the arch there is  a different one with some compression. It is not overly tight or uncomfortable. In fact I have come to really love that aspect of the Aspire sock. 

I have tried this sock in the zero, one and two cuff sizes. I am still a zero girl but have found that I like these other cuff lengths. The "taller" cuffs are nice to tuck under the running tights when it is cold out. I ran both the Frostbite 5k and the Fangtastic 5k in these socks. 

I have noticed with other socks that as my feet swell during a race the weave can and does irritate the bottom of my feet. I did not find this happening with any of the Swiftwick socks that I have tested so far. 

I am looking forward to see any new advances in socks and compression gear from Swiftwick, and I'm not just saying that because I was able to test out this new product. I was a Swiftwick convert prior to having the chance to try this new line out. It also helps that they are a locally owned and operated company. They source their materials from the US and they are made right here in Middle Tennessee. They are a green company that also encourages their retailers to be green as well.  


So if your looking for that perfect sock, I have to give it to Swiftwick yet again.  from their zero olefin socks to the merino wool's to the 12 Ole compression socks there is a sock to fit your style. 

Look for my next review of the Swiftwick compression sleeves. 

FCR
One More Step, One More Mile, One More Finish. ©

No comments:

Post a Comment