Saturday, January 23, 2010

Long Run Two: New milestones

Wow what a morning!

It was beautiful and the sun was shining. Just cool enough to be out and well running. I started out kind of slow. It takes me about a mile to get my body warmed up. Along the way I found a companion to train with. Thank you so much K. you were such a big encouragement to me, and to H. who came back to make sure we were doing good.

Somehow we missed where we were suppose to run to. So we headed to the library, we turned off Indian Lake and headed towards the library and got half way there before we decided that we should probably turn around so that we could make it back. All said and done K and I did a total of 5.31 miles in 1 hour and 45 min.

This was my longest session and my best session and my time seems to be right on pace to finish the 1/2 in four hours. Of course my goal is run part of the marathon but right now I'm focusing on finishing. Someone reminded me it's not how fast you get there whether you run or you walk it's getting there that counts.

Once again the support and cheers and the encouragement makes such a difference. I see it in my attitude, I see it in the ever increasing mileage and the slow increase in time relative to the miles I complete. It was just November when I was doing 2 miles in 1 hour. It really seems to astound me how well I'm doing. I don't think about it until I look at the time and the distance at the end.

Even yesterday I was excited about the time and distance. I kept going because I surprised how fast I covered the real estate.

Today was the same. When I looked at how long it took me to finish the mileage I was so happy.

I am finding that the few hours I spend on Saturday boost not only my distance and decrease my times but they boost my week.

Remember friends all you have to do is: Lace 'em up, open the door and it is one step, one mile, one run at a time.


FCR and HALH

No comments:

Post a Comment