Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Day One. HRC Beginners Running Group.....er walking for some of us!

Wow what a great morning. Hubby and I got up at 5:30 am ate great healthy breakfast to keep warm. Got dressed in layers, many layers. 17 degrees is really cold not to mention the snow on the ground.

We had a ton of fun and did really well. Hubby was able to do all the run/walk intervals, me not so great the cold air did me in. I'm going to blame it on the damage from the pneumonia last year.

Even tho I was not able to do the run/walk intervals I had a great partner to walk with . Thank you so much D for the encouragement and help along the way.

Today marked the longest walk we have done at one time, 3.6 miles in just over an hour. I forgot to look at the clock when we started.

Joining the Beginning Group was the best thing that Hubby and I have done so far. Even though he was ahead of me he found a running partner that helped keep him going as well.

The support was awesome. My walking partner and I were the last ones done. That was okay though. I kept moving at a steady pace with D's help. He injured himself trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon so he's on walk only status, great for me.

Hubby came back and found me on the back side of the loop and our friend T also came to encourage us as we finished the last little bit.

We are really looking forward to next week and have committed to each other to get up everyday and run/walk in the am before hubby leaves for work.

Till next time
FCR and Hubby

2 comments:

  1. Great job on your first beginner run/walk RCR! I am proud of you. Many folks walk the whole CMM Half, but I do believe you will be run/walking in your training before too long. Talk to your doctor about wearing a HR monitor. With your weight goals, keeping a check on your HR may be a good idea. Good on your hubby too! My hubby started running outside two years ago...and has already run 4 marathons! I'm here to give you all the support I can girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post! Will be looking forward to seeing you and your hubby on Saturday mornings!

    ReplyDelete