Thursday, January 28, 2010

Week 5 CMM 1/2 Training.

Wow what a week. Started out Monday with a two mile distance walk. Did not want to push due to my big toes and calves still being tender. I just wanted to get some mileage. I then took Tuesday and Wednesday as off days to recuperate from Saturday and Monday.

Today I headed out to one of my favorite places to run, Moss Wright Park. Yes that is the park with the "Hills of death".

There are three different routes you can take. There is the original 1.8 mile route. I call it the short loop. Then I found out today that there is two versions of the long loop. The one I did a couple of months ago going up the "Hill of Death" and a shorter one near the entrance of the new dog park. I inadvertently found the dog park loop today. I was a nice change of pace.

Today's goal was to work on my pace as well as some mileage. Due to the report 3 to 6 inches of snow that Nashville "might" and since HALH broke his leg running in snow I have developed a superstition to running in the snow. Silly I know but I don't want to tempt it.

Surprising to me I found that after the first mile I was slow jogging most of the distance and not panting like a dog. I found that I was goofy grinning and the other joggers/runners/walkers were looking at me funny. It really felt good to be able to jog a decent distance with out having to push myself. Hopefully I will soon be able to move that slow jog up to a full jog then run.

I know that with my weight I have to be very careful of my knees and the pounding they get when I run.

I am not sure what is going to happen on Saturday but I have decided that if it is too nasty to go out I will be hitting the treadmill. I so dislike the treadmill because it faces a wall, and I have no deciding power to move it.

I will update you all on what happens Saturday for those of you not part of the Hendersonville Running Club.

Today's Stats
Distance: 3.53 miles
Total time: 1 hour 12 minutes


Till the next run.
FCR and HALH

No comments:

Post a Comment