Friday, January 22, 2010

What a day!


Wow. Today was my first day back really training and not just testing what my lungs will handle, and I feel GREAT!

I added a new app to my iPhone a few weeks ago before I got the flu. It's called Runmeter. It does a few cool things that I really like. It's got a stopwatch feature that lets you name your route, what your activity is ie: running, walking, biking, hiking, skating, skiing, or swimming (they make waterproof iPhone cases now).

It keeps track of what time you started, your time, the amount of time you stop, the distance your average time per mile, the climb, the calories, AND you can email your results to yourself, it even gives you a GPS route on a map.

Since today was the first time using this app. I was a bit unsure of exactly how it works but now that I have used it I am very happy to say that it the newest addition to my training gear. It will even let you export your info in a cvs or spreadsheet format. It was also a LOT less expensive than some of the $300 dollar Garmin devices.

I also added another new piece of gear. I went and got a pair of genuine running shoes. I ended up getting a pair of Brooks shoes and for the first time EVER since I began this journey in November I did not have to stop and stretch out my arches or adjust my shoes. These are the first pair of shoes that I didn't immediately take off when I got in the door.

I also found a new weekday running partner. Her name is Sadie, she has auburn hair, has a spunky personality and is very close to our family. She doesn't talk much which is nice because if she did the neighbors might complain. She's just over a foot tall. If your confused I am talking about our Pomeranian. It use to be hop-a-long hubbies job to take the dog and the trash out. Well since the broken leg it has now become my job. Since I am not very fond of going up and down the three flights of stairs multiple times I try to consolidate my trips. She loved the trip. She ran when I ran and walked when I needed to walk. We even tackled the evil Long Hollow Pike to Northridge climb up Conference drive. She was a trooper. When we got back home HALH (hop-a-long-hubby) asked her if she wanted to go for another walk and she ran to her "sit" spot next to the door ready to go again.

I just want to take this time to say hello to all the new folks in the beginners group with HRC and a thank-you to those that have been so kind as to keep tabs on how HALH is doing.

And I leave you with todays stats. (more for me that you)

Today's stats are:

Total Time: 28.05
Distance: 1.45 miles
Average per mile: 19.19

Till I come crawling home after tomorrows long run,

FCR and HALH






No comments:

Post a Comment