Friday, January 1, 2010

January 1, 2010

Welcome to 2010! I'm excited for the New Year so many new goals and so many new things on the horizon of the new year.

From here on out if I say "our" I am not speaking in the third person I am including my husband. We are embarking on goals that intersect this year.

I'm going to break down some of my walls this year. First of all here are my stats so far. I'm laying out here online for the world to see. A sort of global accountability.

Weight 267 lbs
total loss of 2009 32 lbs. Go Me! 18lbs to my 1st goal of 50 lbs.

With my doctors help and advice last year I only set goals of 50lbs at a time. It was daunting and scary. How was I ever going to do it? I did it with changes in diet and stopped eating box convenience foods and changed what I ate when I went out.

No extreme wacky cleanses, no extreme eating diets. Just real food cooked healthy. Eating the way our bodies were meant to eat.

My biggest problem with dieting is that in order to fuel your body enough to make it work correctly you have to eat 3 meals and 2 to 3 small snacks a day. THAT is a lot of food. I don't like to or forget to eat.

For help I used an app on my iPhone called "Lose it" a very simple app with ease of use and understanding of what it does and how it does it. But do not be discouraged if you do not own an iPhone or iTouch ,you can find these types of online programs to do the same. I hesitate to list any here with out trying them but all I did was search "weight loss tracker" there are hundreds of them. The key is finding what works for you.

Using my doctors advice and the suggestions from "Lose It" I first logged everything I ate counting calories I consumed every day....wow it adds up. Then my doctor, "LI" (lose it) and I decided that 1800 calories would keep me healthy and full and help me lose weight. Once I starting really logging and tracking food, I was surprised that there were times at the end of my "eating" day I had lots of calories left over.

The key is doing what works for you and do it healthy no crazy fad diet fixes. Just good fresh food prepared in healthy ways.

Anyway here's to a great 2010 and an even healthier you and me!

Till next time?
FCR and Hubby

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Keep going for 2010.

    Loose it is a great app. For the other things in your life that you may want to track check out TallyZoo. We launched it 4 days ago.

    Have a great 2010

    Ari
    Founder
    TallyZoo.com

    ReplyDelete